A world’s first in insurance,
built in Singapore by LumenLab.
LumenLab's Vitana is the world’s first, automated insurance solution using blockchain technology to offer pregnant women financial protection for gestational diabetes. We used blockchain to improve the customer experience by providing a completely frictionless experience, free from heavy underwriting and burdensome claims.
Launched in the MAS sandbox, our 9-month experiment showed that blockchain can be used to provide a frictionless experience to our customers in a time of need.
Why gestational diabetes matters?
Did you know one in five expecting mothers in Singapore get gestational diabetes? - according to KKH and NUH study
During the last trimester, expecting mothers with gestational diabetes need to take care of their diet so as to avoid high blood pressure for mothers and low mineral levels for their newborn.
Educate yourself - SassyMama Blogpost
Concept: Gestational Diabetes Cover
Vitana is a first of its kind gestational diabetes cover that gives mums in Singapore financial cover against the risk of diabetes during maternity.
We launched Vitana as a 9-month experiment in the MAS sandobox. At the end of the experiment in March 2019 we had helped many Singapore mothers deal with GDM.
How Vitana worked
Minutes to Buy
Just $99 before the 24th week of your pregnancy, to get
gestational diabetes protection.
The whole process takes just
$500 automatic payout if you test positive for gestational diabetes,
no need to tell us.
Up to $2000 coverage for related complications during childbirth.
With your consent, we use proprietary technology to automatically check your eligibility and pay out claims -
- while ensuring absolute privacy for your personal and sensitive health data.
"Imagine a world where insurance is intuitive. Imagine a world where the payout is automatically triggered by events and is instantaneous. No more lengthy claims forms, no more waiting time, no more opaque processes.
Science fiction? Not quite. MetLife’s Lumenlab here in Singapore is already making this a reality."
Monetary Authority of Singapore
Register your interest to learn more about Vitana and our work at LumenLab to innovate insurance.
We are open to collaborate!
By submitting register you agree to our Terms & Conditions.
Reporting Copyright and Other IP Violations
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPANY CONTENT, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "COMPANY PARTIES") MAKES ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE COMPANY CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; OR (D) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO THE COMPANY OR VIA THE SERVICES. IN ADDITION, THE COMPANY PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES.
THE COMPANY PARTIES DO NOT ENDORSE CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability; Waiver
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE SERVICES; (B) THE COMPANY CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; (D) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES; (E) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE COMPANY PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY'S USE OF THE SERVICES; (F) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (G) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICES' OPERATION; OR (H) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER'S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE COMPANY PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE SERVICE).
YOU AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF COMPANY'S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, SERVICE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE COMPANY PARTIES, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE COMPANY PARTIES.
BY ACCESSING THE SERVICE, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE COMPANY.
THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
Time Limitation on Claims
You agree that any claim you may have arising out of or related to your relationship with the Company must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, your claim is permanently barred.
Governing Law & Venue
We want to change the insurance industry, so we use the latest technology for a whole new proactive approach. Our concept starts with getting rid of the claims form. Our smart blockchain-enabled insurance system will know as soon as our customers are sick or eligible for a claim and payout will be made automatically without any action from the customer required.
Approved by MAS, Gestational Diabetes Plan was be Vitana’s first product, with more to come in the future. Reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +65 93256401 if you need any further information.
Established in Singapore, LumenLab serves to promote a culture of innovation at MetLife and create new businesses targeting the needs of the Asia based consumer across Health, Ageing and Wealth.
Based in Singapore and working closely with MAS on multiple initiatives, LumenLab is disrupting both the industry and our own company by investing in new innovations.
Through our focus on building new products and services grounded in technology and data, we aim to help people achieve richer and more fulfilling lives.
Effective date: 25th April 2017
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside the Company (or the group of companies of which the Company is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
What happens in the event of a change of control:
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
How long we keep your User Content:
6. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
7. YOUR RIGHTS
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is stored securely. You have the right to request for access to, to request for a copy of and to request to update or correct your personal data held by us. You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data request us to limit the processing and use of your personal data. (for example, requesting us to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for marketing purposes). However, please note that such requests may affect our ability to provide the Services to you. Please direct your requests to our Data Protection Officer as set out in clause 8 below.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US
Data Protection Officer
Address: MetLife Innovation Centre Pte. Ltd. 9 North Buona Vista Drive #20-05 Singapore 138588
Email Address: DPO@lumenlab.sg
1. This website has been established purely to conduct market research and to gauge public interest in certain financial products (which are in the conceptual stage of development). 2. Vitana does not issue and/or offer any financial products (including insurance contracts) through this website or via any other channels and does not act as agent or broker in relation to such financial products. 3. Accordingly, nothing on this website should constitute an inducement, offer, invitation or solicitation to buy or sell, or otherwise enter into any contract or investment agreement with respect to any financial product or advisory services, in respect of Vitana. 4. Vitana is not licensed, authorised or regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore to issue, offer and/or distribute such financial products and to conduct insurance business or act as an insurance intermediary. 5. All financial products mentioned on this website do not currently exist. 6. Should Vitana be appropriately licensed or authorised to issue, offer and/or distribute financial products in the future, there is no guarantee that such financial products will be in the same form as the financial products mentioned on this website. 7. This publication has been prepared without regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of the reader. 8. Vitana makes not guarantee as to the accuracy of the information on this website and Vitana does not undertake to update any information contained on this website. 9. All information contained on this website must be independently verified by the reader. 10. No legal or tax advice is provided. 11. No part of this website (including the information contained herein) may be copied, reproduced, republished or posted in whole or in part, in any form, by any means, whether graphically, electronically, mechanically or otherwise howsoever, including without limitation photocopying and recording on magnetic tape, or included in any information store and/or retrieval system, without prior permission of Vitana. 12. Links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this Website. We do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website you do so entirely at your own risk.